Casual Fridays
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Casual Fridays

A place for casual thought provoking discussions on all things.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Five People You Meet In Heaven

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Vlaz
Admin
Vlaz

The Five People You Meet In Heaven Empty
PostSubject: The Five People You Meet In Heaven   The Five People You Meet In Heaven EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 1:06 pm

So in high school I had to read Tuesday's With Maurie by Mitch Albom. It turned out to be an incredibly enlightening and fulfilling, uplifting read. For quite sometime I have been wanting to read it again, but have no idea what happened to my copy. Today I started reading Albom's next book, The Five People You Meet In Heaven. It's very interesting and quite a new way to look at the afterlife. It's wrapped in an intriguiging, well written, and heartfelt narrative, and I am surprised it's not a movie yet (Tuesdays was a rather successful film). But man, it's really depressing at parts. Very emotionally intense at parts.

Anyone read it yet? I'll probably finish it by tomorrow night, just wondering if anyone else has any thoughts on it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thefinalstage.wordpress.com
Weasel Slayer

Weasel Slayer

Location : Fuhrer Harry N. Hungwell of the Ron McG Fan Club reigning from New York

PostSubject: Re: The Five People You Meet In Heaven   The Five People You Meet In Heaven EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 1:14 pm

It is a movie.

I read both those books in my senior year. They were really good. I like Heaven more than Teusdays.
Back to top Go down
Vlaz
Admin
Vlaz

PostSubject: Re: The Five People You Meet In Heaven   The Five People You Meet In Heaven EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 1:16 pm

Weasel Slayer wrote:
It is a movie.

I read both those books in my senior year. They were really good. I like Heaven more than Teusdays.

it is a movie huh? Interesting. I guess it's been out a bit longer than I thought.
Back to top Go down
Weasel Slayer

Weasel Slayer

Location : Fuhrer Harry N. Hungwell of the Ron McG Fan Club reigning from New York

PostSubject: Re: The Five People You Meet In Heaven   The Five People You Meet In Heaven EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 1:19 pm

Yup. Seen it three times. It premiered on TV a few years ago.
Back to top Go down
Vlaz
Admin
Vlaz

PostSubject: Re: The Five People You Meet In Heaven   The Five People You Meet In Heaven EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 1:21 pm

crazy. is it good?
Back to top Go down
Weasel Slayer

Weasel Slayer

PostSubject: Re: The Five People You Meet In Heaven   The Five People You Meet In Heaven EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 1:28 pm

Vlaz wrote:
crazy. is it good?
It sure is. Jon Voight plays old Eddie. It's fun to watch.
Back to top Go down
Vlaz
Admin
Vlaz

PostSubject: Re: The Five People You Meet In Heaven   The Five People You Meet In Heaven EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 1:29 pm

Weasel Slayer wrote:
Vlaz wrote:
crazy. is it good?
It sure is. Jon Voight plays old Eddie. It's fun to watch.

WHAT! How did this escape my radar! Damnit grumble
Back to top Go down
Weasel Slayer

Weasel Slayer

PostSubject: Re: The Five People You Meet In Heaven   The Five People You Meet In Heaven EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 1:31 pm

Netflix dat shit, mah ninja!
Back to top Go down
Vlaz
Admin
Vlaz

PostSubject: Re: The Five People You Meet In Heaven   The Five People You Meet In Heaven EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 1:38 pm

Ninja 1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Five People You Meet In Heaven   The Five People You Meet In Heaven Empty

Back to top Go down

The Five People You Meet In Heaven
Page 1 of 1