Casual Fridays
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Casual Fridays

A place for casual thought provoking discussions on all things.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Does anyone have one?

Go down 
+2
unicorn
Thorny
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Thorny

Thorny

Does anyone have one? Empty
PostSubject: Does anyone have one?   Does anyone have one? EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 5:42 am

this section was shamefully empty.
Back to top Go down
unicorn

unicorn

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have one?   Does anyone have one? EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 6:20 am

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Thorny

Thorny

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have one?   Does anyone have one? EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 6:22 am

unicorn wrote:
Rolling Eyes

I'm gunna take that as a No
Back to top Go down
Panini

Panini

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have one?   Does anyone have one? EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 6:24 am

I've had summer jobs since I was 16. For the past 4 summers I've worked for the government. I get overpaid for doing insulting jobs for my education. It's ok.
Back to top Go down
Thorny

Thorny

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have one?   Does anyone have one? EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 6:26 am

Panini wrote:
I've had summer jobs since I was 16. For the past 4 summers I've worked for the government. I get overpaid for doing insulting jobs for my education. It's ok.

shoot, I'm at work right now, getting paid to talk to you guys.
Back to top Go down
unicorn

unicorn

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have one?   Does anyone have one? EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 6:28 am

i worked about 5days this summer and made 700$
Back to top Go down
Thorny

Thorny

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have one?   Does anyone have one? EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 6:28 am

unicorn wrote:

pretty good deal.
Back to top Go down
unicorn

unicorn

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have one?   Does anyone have one? EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 6:31 am

Thorny wrote:
unicorn wrote:

pretty good deal.

yea and for some reason they didn't tax me... i didnt ask cheers
Back to top Go down
Thorny

Thorny

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have one?   Does anyone have one? EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 6:33 am

unicorn wrote:
Thorny wrote:
unicorn wrote:

pretty good deal.

an even better deal.
I'm getting paid pretty well, but then I realized I have to pay my own taxes, so I have to let a lot of money sit in my account, just so I can fork it over to uncle sam in another 8 months. Neutral
Back to top Go down
unicorn

unicorn

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have one?   Does anyone have one? EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 6:38 am

Thorny wrote:
unicorn wrote:
Thorny wrote:
unicorn wrote:

pretty good deal.

an even better deal.
I'm getting paid pretty well, but then I realized I have to pay my own taxes, so I have to let a lot of money sit in my account, just so I can fork it over to uncle sam in another 8 months. Neutral

it's fuckin' bullshit man
Back to top Go down
Weasel Slayer

Weasel Slayer

Location : Fuhrer Harry N. Hungwell of the Ron McG Fan Club reigning from New York

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have one?   Does anyone have one? EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 6:43 am

No. Applied. Rejected. Multiple times.
Back to top Go down
Leperello

Leperello

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have one?   Does anyone have one? EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 8:46 am

Weasel Slayer wrote:
Happens...which is why I'm a sophomore in college working a job meant for 16 year olds and/or retarded people. Neutral

but I have tonight off, so I'm not gonna think about it and get depressed. I'm gonna watch Space Jam and reminisce about my childhood. I ORDER YOU TO BE HAPPY SOPHIE!!!! NOWWWW!!!! Mad
Back to top Go down
Weasel Slayer

Weasel Slayer

Location : Fuhrer Harry N. Hungwell of the Ron McG Fan Club reigning from New York

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have one?   Does anyone have one? EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 8:52 am

Leperello wrote:
Weasel Slayer wrote:
Happens...which is why I'm a sophomore in college working a job meant for 16 year olds and/or retarded people. Neutral

but I have tonight off, so I'm not gonna think about it and get depressed. I'm gonna watch Space Jam and reminisce about my childhood. I ORDER YOU TO BE HAPPY SOPHIE!!!! NOWWWW!!!! Mad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZPuck8eFfc cheers

I was never contacted by gaddamn Rite-Aid! Mad It's right down the street from me, and is the least busiest place I've ever seen. It would have been perfect! They only have like two employees there. They even had a help wanted sign!!! Mad
Back to top Go down
Leperello

Leperello

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have one?   Does anyone have one? EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 9:00 am

Weasel Slayer wrote:
Leperello wrote:
Weasel Slayer wrote:

I was never contacted by gaddamn Rite-Aid! Mad It's right down the street from me, and is the least busiest place I've ever seen. It would have been perfect! They only have like two employees there. They even had a help wanted sign!!! Mad

Mad I had interviews at three places before I got the job I have now: Walgreens, Office Max, and Payless Shoes. It's hard enough to get an interview anywhere...and apparently I failed all of em. Mad I hate being me sometimes. No
Back to top Go down
Weasel Slayer

Weasel Slayer

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have one?   Does anyone have one? EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 9:02 am

Leperello wrote:
Weasel Slayer wrote:
Leperello wrote:
Weasel Slayer wrote:

Mad I had interviews at three places before I got the job I have now: Walgreens, Office Max, and Payless Shoes. It's hard enough to get an interview anywhere...and apparently I failed all of em. Mad I hate being me sometimes. No

I did bad in an interview on purpose. Ninja 1 I think that's why I can't get a job anywhere else. I'm being punished by the employment gods. I really didn't want the job though. It was far from home (no license) and the worst part was.. ahem.. it was at Bed, Bath & Beyond. No
Back to top Go down
Leperello

Leperello

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have one?   Does anyone have one? EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 9:09 am

Weasel Slayer wrote:

I did bad in an interview on purpose. Ninja 1 I think that's why I can't get a job anywhere else. I'm being punished by the employment gods. I really didn't want the job though. It was far from home (no license) and the worst part was.. ahem.. it was at Bed, Bath & Beyond. No
Laughing I tried that once. A friend of a friend had got me an interview at Pizza Hut, and I didn't really want to work there. So I wore just kind of crappy clothes (an old TMNT shirt Razz) and didn't act very enthused or anything.

I ended up working there for 6 months. Mad
Back to top Go down
Weasel Slayer

Weasel Slayer

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have one?   Does anyone have one? EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 9:14 am

Leperello wrote:
Weasel Slayer wrote:

Laughing I tried that once. A friend of a friend had got me an interview at Pizza Hut, and I didn't really want to work there. So I wore just kind of crappy clothes (an old TMNT shirt Razz) and didn't act very enthused or anything.

I ended up working there for 6 months. Mad

That sucks, but sorry.. it's kind of funny. Laughing

My interview was an on the spot thing. I handed in the application (reluctantly), and the girl that took it called some chick and she interviewed me. One of the first things she mentioned is how they look for out-going people, so I acted really shy and just nodded and said "yeah," "ok."
Back to top Go down
Leperello

Leperello

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have one?   Does anyone have one? EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 9:20 am

Same thing almost happened to me! affraid

I applied there and turned in my application and the lady asked if I wanted an interview right then. I was just like "uh..er...I can't right now..." I really couldn't, I had to go somewhere or something. I would have actually somewhat not minded that job, and I was wearing like a Metallica shirt or something at the time, so. Laughing

They never called back. No

Oh well, my sister worked there for like a month and got like 10 hours a week.

omg, I'm at the part where MJ gets sucked into the golf hole. I love you
Back to top Go down
Weasel Slayer

Weasel Slayer

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have one?   Does anyone have one? EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 9:35 am

Leperello wrote:
Same thing almost happened to me! affraid

I applied there and turned in my application and the lady asked if I wanted an interview right then. I was just like "uh..er...I can't right now..." I really couldn't, I had to go somewhere or something. I would have actually somewhat not minded that job, and I was wearing like a Metallica shirt or something at the time, so. Laughing

They never called back. No

Oh well, my sister worked there for like a month and got like 10 hours a week.

omg, I'm at the part where MJ gets sucked into the golf hole. I love you

I wonder if I still have that movie. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Thorny

Thorny

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have one?   Does anyone have one? EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 9:53 am

Sad
Back to top Go down
Leperello

Leperello

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have one?   Does anyone have one? EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 12:07 pm

Thorny wrote:
Sad
Ninja 1

Tmnt Dance
Back to top Go down
Thorny

Thorny

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have one?   Does anyone have one? EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 12:08 pm

Leperello wrote:
Thorny wrote:
Sad
Ninja 1

Tmnt Dance

your stories are sad.

now make with some good ones. Smile
Back to top Go down
Vlaz
Admin
Vlaz

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have one?   Does anyone have one? EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 12:21 pm

i have been trying for a very very depressingly long time to get a job.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thefinalstage.wordpress.com
Leperello

Leperello

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have one?   Does anyone have one? EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 3:01 am

Thorny wrote:
Leperello wrote:
Thorny wrote:
Sad
Ninja 1

Tmnt Dance

your stories are sad.

now make with some good ones. Smile
scratch hmm...good happy stories...

hmm....

Well, I think my life is at most times very neutral, and if something does happen, it tends to be negative. Not that my life is sad and tragic, or that I'm depressed all the time...it's just not super happy. cat

I will work on getting good stories. pirat
Back to top Go down
Thorny

Thorny

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have one?   Does anyone have one? EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 3:50 am

Leperello wrote:

scratch hmm...good happy stories...

hmm....

Well, I think my life is at most times very neutral, and if something does happen, it tends to be negative. Not that my life is sad and tragic, or that I'm depressed all the time...it's just not super happy. cat

I will work on getting good stories. pirat

I'll let you know if I get any good ones. in the mean time...

Life is Good
might make you happy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have one?   Does anyone have one? Empty

Back to top Go down

Does anyone have one?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Casual Fridays :: The Real World :: Jobs-
Jump to: