Casual Fridays
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Casual Fridays

A place for casual thought provoking discussions on all things.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Awkward situation HALP

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Leperello

Leperello

Awkward situation HALP Empty
PostSubject: Awkward situation HALP   Awkward situation HALP EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 5:49 am

Ok, so. Today I found out Mastodon are going on tour again, and shall be returning to my lovely state! And I'd really like to see them again. all fine and good.

but...

I have this friend...who is male. And also likes Mastodon. And me, I'm pretty sure, but I don't like him back. (I'm a mean person, I know.) And last time Mastodon went on tour, he wanted to carpool with me and my brothers. I don't mind talking to him at work or whatever, but...I don't want to spend like 6 hours in a car with him, or even if I could stand that, feel obligated to hang out once we get to the show. I know I wouldn't enjoy myself. I made up some excuse last time, I don't even remember what it was. He ended up not going, he said it was because he had an exam the next day, but it might have been because he didn't want to drive by himself. So I feel a bit guilty that he didn't go, because I didn't want to carpool with him. I know he's going to ask again this time.

I need help concocting excuses, cop outs, etc, anything! I don't want to be mean and out right say "No thanks, I don't want to spend that much time with you and feel uncomfortable the whole time" but that's pretty much what I need to do. D: it sounds horrible, but I also really don't want him to get the idea that I like him back, because I feel like that's mean. But I also don't want to be rude. I have a few months to craft a valid escape, so I thought I'd start brainstorming now.

reasons I avoid social situations... scratch
Back to top Go down
Heroin

Heroin

PostSubject: Re: Awkward situation HALP   Awkward situation HALP EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 3:57 am

Take him with you! Man up!

oh... wait...

Yeah I don't know. Tell him that your brother is retarded, if he hears a stranger talk, he will start pulling his teeth out and stabbing people with them. Your friend should be quiet then.
Back to top Go down
Heroin

Heroin

PostSubject: Re: Awkward situation HALP   Awkward situation HALP EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 5:26 am

Nothing?

Man, I knew I was a bit rusty with funny things, but I guess I really suck.
Back to top Go down
Leperello

Leperello

PostSubject: Re: Awkward situation HALP   Awkward situation HALP EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 11:23 am

aww...no, I lol'd! Because I kinda considered something similar actually.. Laughing hey, my brother might even go along with it...

I just didn't check in here yesterday. Ninja 1

Well, this person hasn't asked me anything about it yet..so I just have to keep this up for a few months. Thumbs up x2 No
Back to top Go down
Thorny

Thorny

PostSubject: Re: Awkward situation HALP   Awkward situation HALP EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 3:21 pm

well you definitely dont want him to think you like him back. it would be better to be straight forward and border on rude than to lead him on.

maybe you can say that you like to go to concerts without strings attached, and that you dont want to worry about keeping with anyone. tell him its like your Zen thing that you dont want disturbed by anyone else, and its like your alone time or some shit.

if you dont think that will work, then maybe try the truth? just gently say, hey I am willing to carpool with you out of kindness and convenience, but we would only be going as friends, and I dont want to feel obligated to you for anything while we are there.
though, that might be tougher than the above excuse.

if neither of those sounds good, then maybe I can try to help come up with another excuse.
Back to top Go down
Leperello

Leperello

PostSubject: Re: Awkward situation HALP   Awkward situation HALP EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 6:53 am

Yep...there will be no leading on, that is for sure. I have tried before to give clues that I'm not interested but some people can't take a hint.

That really is a pretty good excuse... believable? Probably not...but pretty good nonetheless.

If he does end up asking, I will most likely have to just tell the truth.

Or say that my dad doesn't want anyone but family riding in the car in the case of a wreck or lawsuit? or that I have car anxiety problems that cause violent episodes? or that I believe in aliens and like Nickelback? oooooor that I don't want the feng shui of my car disrupted... scratch

No, it's probably gonna have to be the truth. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Thorny

Thorny

PostSubject: Re: Awkward situation HALP   Awkward situation HALP EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 7:12 am

I like the feng shui excuse. classy.
Back to top Go down
Heroin

Heroin

PostSubject: Re: Awkward situation HALP   Awkward situation HALP EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 6:07 am

figured out what you're gonna say yet?
Back to top Go down
Leperello

Leperello

PostSubject: Re: Awkward situation HALP   Awkward situation HALP EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 7:34 am

hasn't said anything about it yet! Whew

It helps that the only way he could communicate with me is facebook, and I nearly always appear offline so no one chats wif me. (slows down my browser. Oh, and I'm antisocial.) Ninja 1
Back to top Go down
Heroin

Heroin

PostSubject: Re: Awkward situation HALP   Awkward situation HALP EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 10:44 am

Leperello wrote:
hasn't said anything about it yet! Whew

It helps that the only way he could communicate with me is facebook, and I nearly always appear offline so no one chats wif me. (slows down my browser. Oh, and I'm antisocial.) Ninja 1

Or maybe you've got too many "i like yer purse" contacts instead of awesome ones.
Back to top Go down
Leperello

Leperello

PostSubject: Re: Awkward situation HALP   Awkward situation HALP EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 3:48 am

this is true.. Laughing

ya know, I don't necessarily hate people, I just don't like [a lot of] the ones I happen to know. It's as if someone showed me a room full of BC Richs and asked me if I liked guitars, I'd have to say "Well, not if these are what I have to choose from!"

ANYWAY! I think I might end up not going to this certain concert, because although I really want to go see 'em again, I really really want to see Iron Maiden/Dream Theater in June, and am thinking I shall go to that one instead.

SORTED. Cheers
Back to top Go down
Heroin

Heroin

PostSubject: Re: Awkward situation HALP   Awkward situation HALP EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 6:28 am

jocolor
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Awkward situation HALP   Awkward situation HALP Empty

Back to top Go down

Awkward situation HALP
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Casual Fridays :: General Discussion :: The Wastes-
Jump to: