Casual Fridays
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Casual Fridays

A place for casual thought provoking discussions on all things.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Halo 3: ODST. Who got Noir in my FPS?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Vlaz
Admin
Vlaz

Halo 3: ODST. Who got Noir in my FPS? Empty
PostSubject: Halo 3: ODST. Who got Noir in my FPS?   Halo 3: ODST. Who got Noir in my FPS? EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 9:16 am

ODST is out. And, like every other game under the Halo banner, it's fucking awesome.

The story doesn't involve Spartans, or Master Chief, or Sargent Johnson, or anyone that you'd think of as a staple of Halo. Instead we get 4 new characters. ODST. The badest ass bad asses in the Marines. Oh and they are voiced by the cast of Firefly. Score. The game is less linear than typical Halo Games, and revolves around a central hub of level selection, based on environment investigation and subtle noir influences. While basic Halo game play is preserved, not being a Spartan means you have to think about how you engage the enemy different. You can no longer charge headlong into the fight, and rely on your shields and super strength to protect you. Now you have to monitor your limited normal human health, and your stamina. Get too tired, and you take more damage more quickly. It's an awesome teak that adds a lot more strategy to your first person shooter. The story is solid and takes place on Earth between Halo 2 and Halo 3. It's easy to jump into, and the characters get going right away. With an awesome investigation, mystery presentation, the story unfolds in a very nontypical and interesting way.

So yea, the game is fucking awesome. All around. Or am I the only one who thinks so?
Back to top Go down
http://www.thefinalstage.wordpress.com
Weasel Slayer

Weasel Slayer

Location : Fuhrer Harry N. Hungwell of the Ron McG Fan Club reigning from New York

Halo 3: ODST. Who got Noir in my FPS? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo 3: ODST. Who got Noir in my FPS?   Halo 3: ODST. Who got Noir in my FPS? EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 12:34 pm

I wouldn't know. It sounds cool, though. And it definitely sounds like you enjoy it.

I'm waiting for Modern Warfare 2 cheers
Back to top Go down

Halo 3: ODST. Who got Noir in my FPS?
Page 1 of 1